– Canadians are invited to visit Facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada and take the oath to “Never Grow Up” –
TORONTO, ON (September 25, 2014) – Is it possible to be three decades old and not grow up? It is if you are Toys“R”Us, Canada’s Greatest Toy Store, which is celebrating its 30th birthday by pledging to “Never Grow Up” and is inviting all Canadians to do the same.
The festivities begin September 26 with a contest, coupon booklet, commemorative video, “Never Grow Up” oath, 30 days of deals, a special Play Day event on September 27 in stores across the country and more. In honour of this milestone birthday, Toys“R”Us invites all Canadian kids and kids-at-heart to join the “Never Grow Up” movement at Facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada to take the oath or tweet the reason why they will never grow up @toysruscanada using the hashtag, #nevergrowup.
“When our doors opened in 1984, Canadian families were lining up and excited to get their hands on toys and brands like Cabbage Patch Kids®, Transformers®, LEGO®, Barbie®, Star Wars® and My Little Pony®. Now 30 years later, nostalgic parents are buying the modern day versions of these for their children, signifying that not only have these brands stood the test of time, but that toys can have a special place in our hearts, even as adults,” said Liz MacDonald, Vice-President, Marketing and Store Planning, Toys”R”Us, Canada. “Since opening the doors to our first store in Brampton, Ontario, we’ve expanded to more than 80 locations across the country, but we have always stayed true to our roots of being the place where kids and kids-at-heart never grow up.”
Toys“R”Us, Canada’s 30th Birthday Celebration Includes:
- “NEVER GROW UP” MOVEMENT: Toys”R”Us is inviting Canadians big and small to pledge to “Never Grow Up.” Create a video to share or take the written oath at Facebook.com/ToysRUsCanada or tweet @toysruscanada using the hashtag, #nevergrowup.
- IN-STORE EVENTS: Customers are invited tocelebrate 30 years of Toys“R”Us by enjoying a full month of in-store events.
- Play Day kicks off the fun on Saturday September 27 with “Make ‘n Take” activities and demos, followed by an event every Saturday until the end of October;
- Mattel’s Ultimate Play Date Party on October 4, where kids can engage in activities, demos and giveaways with cool brands like Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Fisher-Price® and Thomas and Friends®;
- Skylanders® Trap Team Play Event on October 11 asks kids to come dressed up in their favourite Skylanders gear to take part in the action and play the new Trap Team game;
- My Little Pony® Spa Day, Scrabble® Make ‘n Take and Star Wars® Minifigure Trade-In on October 18. Bring friends along for a special ‘ponifying’ experience, create a personalized name plate with Scrabble® letters, and bring a LEGO® Minifigure from home to trade it in for a new Star Wars Minifigure.
- LEGO® Batman Make ‘n Take on October 25, where kids can join the fun and build their very own Batman Bat-Signal with LEGO®.
Visit toysrus.ca/events for additional details, times, quantities of giveaways and participating stores for all Toys“R”Us in-store events.
- ‘I WILL ALWAYS…’ VIDEO: To embody the “Never Grow Up” movement, Toys“R”Us Canada has created an ‘I Will Always…” video showcasing people of all ages continuing to be kids at heart. Watch, enjoy and share the video with friends: youtube.ca/toysruscanada
- 30 DAYS OF DEALS: Celebrate the 30th Birthday of Toys“R”Us, Canada with great deals. Check out every Toys“R”Us flyer from September 26 until October 23 and enjoy new and exciting birthday offers every week, on all things toy.
- COUPON BOOKLET: Starting September 26, until supplies last, pick-up a copy of the 30th Birthday coupon booklet in-store, with over $725 of great savings. Coupon valid dates vary. See booklet for details.
- BONUS AIR MILES®: On September 27 only, AIR MILES® Collectors will earn 30X AIR MILES® reward miles, when they spend $100 or more* in-store or online.
- AISLES OF MILES EVENT: The celebration continues the week of the October 10flyer, with tons of great AIR MILES® offers for the whole family. Offers include, but aren’t exclusive to:
- Earn 10 Bonus reward miles when you spend $30 or more on any Paw Patrol® toys;
- Buy 3 Mega Blocks® building sets and earn 15 Bonus reward miles;
- Earn 50 Bonus reward miles on select Summer Infant® monitors.
- TRANSAT HOLIDAYS VACATION: Beginning September 26,customers canswipe their AIR MILES® Collector Card at any Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us location for the chance to win** a Transat Holidays Vacation to the Iberostar Bavaro Punta Cana, courtesy of Marlin Travel. Contest ends October 23, 2014.
- LEGO GIVEAWAY: From September 26– October 2, receive a Free LEGO® Geoffrey the Giraffe (value of $5.99) when you spend $30 or more (before taxes) on any LEGO building set***.
- RETRO TOYS: Toys like the Cabbage Patch Kids® and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® have stood the test of time and remained on shelf and in our hearts for over 30 years. Check out toysrus.ca/retrotoys for more great toys and brands that are as cool today as they were more than 30 years ago!
* See www.toysrus.ca/airmiles for terms and conditions.
** For complete Contest rules, visit toysrus.ca/iberostar30.
*** Excludes LEGO Galaxy Squad. Available in-store only. Max 25 per store, while they last. Excludes Express locations.
Toys“R”Us (Canada)Ltd and Babies“R”Us (Canada) Ltdarepart ofToys“R”Us, Inc.,theworld’s leadingdedicatedtoyandbaby products retailer.Toys“R”Us,Canada operates80 full-sized storesacrossthecountry, as well as more than 10 Express locations.Forstorelocations andconvenient onlineshoppingvisit www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca.