Schick Hydro™ encourages Canadian Mo Bros and Sistas to help raise awareness and funds for Movember
TORONTO (October 19, 2010) – Ready, set, grow! Movember, the world’s largest fundraising campaign for prostate cancer research, is just around the corner. Schick, an official proud partner of Movember, wants to remind Canadian men who are embarking on this 30-day hair-a-thon that according to Movember guidelines they must start the month cleanly-shaven and start growing a moustache on November 1st.
“Whether you have trouble growing stubble or look like a sasquatch by sundown, we want to remind everyone to ‘Schick’ to the rules and start Movember cleanly-shaven,” says Josh Gardner, Schick Brand Manager, Energizer Canada. “Schick is a proud partner of Movember this year. We encourage everyone to grow their support for this great cause because the cure for prostate cancer may be right under your nose.”
Go with the Mo!
On their own or as part of a team, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas (women who support the moustache and raise funds and awareness for men’s health) can register to join the campaign or donate at www.movember.com. This year marks the fourth Movember campaign in Canada. In 2009, 39,958 Mo Bros and Sistas raised nearly $8 million for Prostate Cancer Canada.
Whether you are a veteran at growing a Mo (slang for moustache), or this will be your virgin voyage into facial fur, there are a couple of things you need to know before you grow. As a proud partner, Schick Hydro™, a division of Energizer Canada, is offering the following things to consider:
- Get off to a clean start. No cheating – participants must start Movember 1st cleanly-shaven and grow their Mo for 30 days. Once Movember is over, it is time to shave your mug.
- Keep a stiff upper lip. Thirty days is a long time to grow a Mo. You may have some discomfort or irritation if it is your first time, and there may be periods of growth where you don’t look your best. Remember this is not a sprint, it’s a hair-a-thon, stay the course for a great cause.
- Mo Sistas: Embrace his face! He’s hairy and he’s scary but he’s doing it for a good cause. So whether you are a girlfriend, sister, mom or wife, support your Mo Bro. Raise funds, help him trim and best of all shave it off December 1st.
- Keep it Mo-fessional. Starting a new job or have a big new biz pitch in Movember? Not to worry. Having a Mo is a great ice-breaker for any occasion. Everyone from titans of industry and world leaders to artists and athletes have rocked the look with pride. Be the talk around the water cooler – tell everyone the reason for your Mo and offer ways they can support you and Prostate Cancer Canada.
Need more reasons to support the cause?
- One-in-two men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. One-in-three women will be diagnosed.
- One-in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. One new case occurs every 2.7 minutes and a man dies from prostate cancer every 19 minutes.
- Rates of prostate cancer in men are comparable to rates of breast cancer in women.
- The World Health Organization projects that in 2010 cancer will become the leading cause of death globally, surpassing heart disease and stroke.
Get in on the fun
Want to see what you will look like with a Mo before you grow? Visit www.SchickMoPic.ca for ways to personalize your Mo. Mo Bros can upload a picture of themselves and choose from a selection of moustaches to match their hair growing capabilities.
Movember is the world’s largest charity event raising funds for cancer affecting men – specifically prostate cancer. Each November, Movember invites men across the globe to grow moustaches (or Mos) while raising funds and awareness for men’s health. Movember aims to forever change the face of men’s health, by raising awareness and funds that will reduce the number of preventable male deaths by cancer. For more information please visit www.movember.com.
About Schick Hydro
Schick Hydro™ products are now available for purchase at all major food, drug and mass retail outlets across Canada and are available in three-and five-blade models for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $8.99 (Schick Hydro™ 3) and $9.99 (Schick Hydro™ 5). A pack of four Schick Hydro™ razor refill blades are available for a SRP of $8.99 (Schick Hydro™ 3) and $12.99 (Schick Hydro™ 5).
Schick Hydro™ shave gels are also available for a SRP of $3.99.
About Energizer Personal Care
Energizer Personal Care, a leading manufacturer of razors around the world, is a division of Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR), headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. For more information on shaving and Schick® Hydro™, visit www.schickhydro.com.
For more information please contact Paradigm Public Relations 416-203-2223